Senior Designer performs complex design investigation, analyses, feasibility, and CAD Design for new and/or existing products using customer supplied data. Recommends and implements changes to resolve field problems and evaluates prototypes for design modifications. The Senior Designer shares industry experiences with other co-workers through preliminary design, mentoring and professional skill building. He or she combines active product use, experience, fabrication knowledge and input from other Design Team members to create a quality product through the company’s philosophy on lean manufacturing. This position is required to be onsite part-time.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of designers, fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Set clear objectives, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations to drive individual and team growth.
- Develop and communicate a cohesive design vision that aligns with the company’s brand identity and values.
- Oversee the design teams project workflow, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Prioritize tasks and allocate resources appropriately to meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Provide art direction and constructive feedback to designers, guiding their creative process and ensuring the quality of design outputs.
- Review and approve design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and final deliverables.
- Working with architectural site plans and elevations as well as aerial images, vector-based drawings, and photo manipulation.
- Brainstorming artwork strategies with team members.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and solve problems creatively.
- Responsible for getting clean and accurate Artwork from the Design Department into production, and outside contractors, in the form of CAD/CAM files.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Client Services, Sales, Project Managers and Production to produce accurate and on time prints that best portrays the customer’s vision.
- Maintain the Production Master Directory and Art Library for manufacturing and Design Department.
- Provide input on design decisions.
- Ability to negotiate, persuades, and/or influences others to gain cooperation to exceed customer service standards both internally and externally.
- Ability to drive results by motivating, providing strategic direction and leadership to internal and external business partners.
- Responsible for utilizing process management skills to address a variety of issues and develop process resolution in the absence of established processes and/or within processes.
- Recommends team structure and tasks, which may include internal benchmarking and utilization of cross-functional staffs.
- Visits sites as directed by Director of Sales and Client Services evaluating construction progress and communicating this effectively to those parties involved.
- Provides extensive customer support by personally meeting with company representatives and keeping in constant contact with each representative.
- Serves as support to the Project Managers and understands each team’s role and contributions to the department and company.
- Communicates performance expectations to Project Managers on a daily, quarterly, and annual basis in cooperation with the Director of Sales and Client Services.
- Remains current on technological advances.
- Keen understanding of design and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in manufacturing and design software such as, EnRoute, FlexiSign Neon Wizard, CorelDraw, Photo Paint, Adobe.
- Highly developed drawing skills required.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- 5 or more years of experience.
DESIRED COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Proficiency in Corel Draw highly desired.
- Basic skills Corel, Photo Paint, or Photoshop.
- Basic skills in Google Sketch-Up.
- Background Check
- Reference Check
- Motor Vehicle Check
- Drug Screening
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to handle activities with lightweight or small items.
- Ability to perform moving activities for brief periods.
- Ability to operate light equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for brief periods.
- Confined to a work area.
North American Signs, a leader in the custom sign industry, understands that our goals can only be achieved by hiring the best talent, providing exceptional training, and by living our core values. You’ll find NAS a family-friendly and flexible environment.
Apply Now or email us at HR@northamericansigns.com
About Our Design Team
Achieving a precise look and character for signage is an art form. Our team develops unique solutions that best fit the client’s needs. They consult with our manufacturing team professionals, our sales team, and our project management team to ensure only the highest caliber of production drawings are presented to our clients. Our detail-oriented design team turns client visions into reality.