Last Updated May 2021
North American Signs, Inc. understands that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This policy sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, and your options regarding the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our store, over the phone, online, via email, through our website, or by interacting with us on social media.
What information do we collect?
While we limit the information we collect, we collect personal information when you:
- Make a purchase
- Return an item or file a complaint
- Inquire about our products or services
- Contact customer service
- Sign up for North American Signs, Inc.’s email updates or other promotional materials
- Respond to or interact with our promotional emails or communications
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details, what products or services you use, information required to make decisions about your application for products and services we offer, information about whether you want to receive marketing communication from us, and information about any device you have used to access our website or emails.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services—we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you order a product or service, then we use your information to provide the product or services to you and to process your payment.
- To improve your shopping experience—we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with the best experience, personalized offers, shopping ideas, and online advertising. The information we collect helps us do that.
- Analytics and profiling—we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. This helps us serve you better and to find ways to improve our services and products.
- Contacting you—we use your personal information to contact you. This could be for a service update, an issue you raised to us, to conduct market research, or to ask for your feedback.
- Marketing and Advertising—we use your personal information to provide relevant marketing (including by email, phone, SMS, post, or online advertising) relating to our products and services.
- Financial services—we also use your information to process payments
When We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share your personal information that we have collected. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We may share your personal information with:
- Authorized service providers—we may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting our website functionality.
- Business partners—when you make purchases or engage in promotions through our website, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that business partner.
- Internal Revenue Service—when required by law, we also provide the IRS with your personal information, but only to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Under Canada’s anti-spam legislation, we will only send emails to Canadian customers with whom we have a business relationship. When you subscribed to our email distribution list or purchased from us, we assumed a business relationship with you.
If you no longer wish to continue this relationship, please unsubscribe using the link we provide at the bottom of our promotional emails. You may also click here to manage your email subscription.
Under California law you have the right to obtain a list of organizations to which we rent or disclose information for direct marketing purposes. To request this list, email your name, mailing address, and email address to us.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, please unsubscribe using the link we provide at the bottom of our promotional emails. You may also click here to manage your email subscription.
European Union (EU) Customers
North American Signs, Inc. complies with the EU’s May 25th, 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection, use, retention, and transfer of personal information from citizens of EU member countries.
If you are an EU citizen and wish to review the personal information you have shared with North American Signs, Inc. or wish for us to delete that information, please email us. As per GDPR guidelines, we will complete your request within 30 days of submission.
If you wish for us not to share your personal information on file, please let us know by emailing us. We will honor these requests within 45 days of submission.
Your Choices for Receiving Promotional Material
You may opt out of receiving promotional materials by unsubscribing through the link at the bottom of our promotional emails. You may also email us.
Disclosure to Third Parties
North American Signs, Inc. doesn’t sell your personal information. But it may be disclosed to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale (including any transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
Our Commitment to Data Integrity
North American Signs, Inc. takes reasonable steps to verify that the personal information we store and process is accurate, complete, and current. You may contact us via email to inquire about the personal information we have or to request changes to that personal information.
How We Enforce This Policy
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we can fulfill any request from you. This helps protect your personal information against fraudulent requests.
How to Contact Us
You mail also send mail to:
North American Signs, Inc.
3601 West Lathrop
South Bend, IN 46628