Facility Management, also known as facility maintenance, is a flourishing industry. According to Mordor Intelligence, the FM industry had a market share of $40.41 billion in 2020, with an expected market share of $81.49 in 2026. Increased focus on optimizing processes and boosting energy efficiency across many industries, particularly in retail, real estate, and manufacturing, contribute to the growth of the FM industry. And generally speaking, the connectedness of our world–through developments like the Internet of Things, automation, augmentation, and smart spaces–make facility management a requisite for any successful enterprise. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 national facility management companies so that when you’re in need of facility solutions you know where to turn.
Our Top Picks
Note that these selections are listed alphabetically.
- ABM – Founded in 1909, ABM began as a window-cleaning service. Over 100 years later, it is a global facilities maintenance company with thousands of customers in more than 15 industries. With integrated service and automated workplace capabilities, they offer solutions for all of your facility needs. ABM also recently acquired ABLE Services. The merger will scale the company’s existing capabilities and expand it’s technical and engineering services.
- Cushman and Wakefield – A global real estate group, Cushman and Wakefield’s Facility Services division aims to provide their clients with clean, comfortable, efficient, and safe work environments. Their services include maintenance, janitorial services, office optimization, landscaping, and controlled environments. They service over 600 million square feet of space across a range of market segments.
- Emcor Group – Emcor Facilities Services provide maintenance and related services for offices, retail spaces, and manufacturing facilities. It manages over 1 billion square feet of facilities and provides data-driven insights to clients. Offered services include integrated facilities management, energy solutions, snow and ice management, cleaning services, and more. Emcor also provides clients the flexibility to customize their service delivery methods.
- Facility Source/CBRE – With their cutting edge on-demand facility management solutions, you can view CBRE as your partner in optimizing and maintain your facility. Their superior CMMS software, top-notch customer service and trusted network of service providers means that you get results that stay true to your brand. They also recently released fmPilot 2, an FM work order management application for multi-site businesses.
- ISS – ISS has over 100 years of experience in the FM industry. Known for adapting to the needs of clients, ISS serves many industries, including aviation, healthcare, banking, manufacturing, and tech. It provides industry-leading innovations to put clients out on top. They were also frontrunners in the fight against Covid-19. ISS donated food, sourced millions of masks, and provided extra man hours to disinfect facilities, while their leadership members helped lead the national emergency response team.
- JLL – With top-notch digital technology, JLL provides clients with flexible solutions for every facility maintenance need that strengthens purchasing power, lowers costs, and increases transparency. Analytics data also helps you increase your efficiency and control costs over the long run. Their automation services through daughter company Corrigo ensure that control of your facilities operations lies in your hands.
- MaintenX – For more than 40 years, MaintenX has been serving everyone from Fortune 500 companies to multi-site retailers. It is one of the largest self-performing FM companies in the nation. This allows it to coordinate from one central location to deliver exceptional service to each and every client. Their service scope covers the nuts and bolts of facility maintenance, in everything from plumbing, to HVAC, to roofing.
- SMS Assist – By offering superior client control and reducing costs, SMS assist ensures that you can focus on growing your business. Cloud-based software, an expansive technician network, and quality customer service allows for a streamlined facility management approach with SMS as your trusted partner. They help you develop a strategic facility maintenance program to fit your needs and your budget.
- Sodexo – Founded in France, Sodexo has grown into a global leader in the FM industry. They offer over 100 services, ranging from grounds and waste management, to facility security and cleaning, to laundry and everything in between. Their goal is to improve quality of life for everyone, which is why you can find them everywhere from schools, to workplaces, homes, and assisted living facilities. Their robust services, and focus on contributing positively to the regions and communities they work sets them up as one of the top FM companies.
- TrueSource – TrueSource, an OnPoint company, prides itself on its rapid response times and unparalleled first-trip resolution. It provides solutions tailored to the needs of your organization in flooring, doors, glass, emergency preparedness, and everything in between. Their technology-based approach means that you get real-time information about the status of your projects.
Ensuring your facility runs efficiently is the key to success in 2022. We hope this list of trusted facility management companies helps you find the right FM provider for you.
North American Signs can help maintain your business’s signage and other exterior features! Check out our eBook for the latest on everything you need to know about sign maintenance and contact us to find out how we can meet your sign maintenance needs!